Catholic Social Teaching (CST)
Ten Commandments for those who teach Social Justice
Patty Fawkner SGS
1. Have hands on contact with Christ revealed in the poor.
2. Be involved with one social issue. However is it important to
realise that there is no single issue. They are all politically
3. Realise that reality is structured.
4. Do social analysis: Ask:
- Who, what, where, how, why?
- Who makes the decisions?
- Who benefits from the decisions?
- Who bears the cost of the decisions?
5. Stay connected, network.
6. Response must be structured as well as personal.
7. Response must be communal and personal.
8. Speak about justice without putting the “guilts”
9. Expect to fail.
10. Thou shalt have fun.
print this page
© 2003 Uniya, PO Box 522,
Kings Cross NSW 1340
Tel: +61 2 9356 3888 Fax: +61 2 9356 3021